[WITHDRAWN] Raikion Rogue / Glyro Druid

Go down

[WITHDRAWN] Raikion Rogue / Glyro Druid

Post  Raikion on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:22 pm

This is my WotlK apply for your guild, Solace. I am at the moment levelling a rogue, which i'm hoping to make my new main when wotlk hits. at the time of writing it's 62.

1. Please tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, how old are you, what are you doing for a living?
My name is morten, I'm 17 years old and i live in denmark, near S√łnderborg, Als. At the moment i'm in high school (gymnasium) on 2nd year. My spare time is spent with friends, wow, and some occasional sports.

2. Please list your playtimes below (in-game time), be specific (e.g. Monday: 18:00 to 02:00, etc.). Do you expect those playtimes to change within the next 4-6 months? It's all kinda flexible, since i have no job besides school. if i coordinate the studying i shouldn't miss out on any of your raids, really.

3. Since when are you playing WoW? What is the /played time on your character(s) ?(Also include played time at level 70 please)
Played wow since a few months before tbc was launched. i dinged 60 on my mage, then had to take a 2 month break. when i came back, TBC launch date had been announced, and no one wished to start any serious PvE, so i just joined the PvP-race, like most others did. at the moment i have 38 days played on my druid, 25 of those being at level 70. Back on the alliance side, before i rerolled RC-Horde, my mage had around 150 /played at 70, and warrior around 50. so all in all around 260 days played.

4. What is your prior guild history? What is your current guild, if any? Be detailed please, explain reasons for leaving.
After tbc hit i joined <aeon> on RC-Alliance with my mage, and raided with them untill SSC/TK-ish level. about that time, some of the raiders got fed up with having to raid with unprepared people that weren't geared for the instances, because they only raided once every couple of weeks. The guild split up in two; slackers staying in <aeon>, core raiders made <Silence> - i, of course, joined silence too. I left silence later on, when we were in Mount Hyjal/BT, due to general bad atmosphere in the guild, and due to the fact that i wanted to raid with a RL friend in <imba>. In imba i farmed Illidan for like 2 months, before it got boring. it might sound a bit harsh, but at that time, i really couldn't stand raiding, the feeling of belonging never came in imba, so i sold my account, and originally wanted to quit. But after a few months i realized i couldn't find any substitution for WoW, it had simply taken too much of my time to be gone just like that, and i rerolled RC-Horde with some friends. since i rerolled i've been doing mostly PvP, since i've seen every content from karazhan to Illidan, and there was no chance to get into a sunwell-guild as newly dinged 70. Joined some friend-pvp guilds and had fun, untill it became dull. now i'm looking for fresh meat, in form of PvE content - that's what i'm hoping Solace can give me, along with a nice overall social level.

5. What is your past raid experience in WoW?
raided from Karazhan to Illidan, quit before Sunwell was released.

6. Introduce your character, please include class, level, race, talent spec.
Raikion 62(70 soon enough) undead rogue, currently levelling as Subtlety

7. Submit a link to your character profile below, armory one works fine (we're lazy yeah).Try to make sure it contains the gear you'd use for PvE, or tell us something about your PvE gear in case we can't see it on armory.
I see no point for this really, my gear is green; this application is for wotlk, my current gear is irrellevant.

8. Please explain your talent spec to us. If you're currently specced for PvP, please post a link to the spec you will chose for PvE, and explain that as well.
Currently levelling as Subtlety, at 70 (80?) i will of course respecc combat, or whatever spec that performs best PvE-wise at the time.

9. Please explain your vision on what your class should do in a raid.
Rogues are by nature Damage dealers, we don't have an awful lot of raid buffs (the expression.. it's totally gone, i just can't find it, but whatever). It's what rogues do best, that's why i rolled a rogue.

10. What kind of resist gear do you have, for different resist types? Please list your unbuffed resists, in your respective resist gear.
none, irrelevant too, since the resistance gear won't be worth a dime in wotlk.

11. Which tradeskills and gathering professions do you have at 350+? Do you have any rare recipes, tradeskill-related factions?
Levelling Mining and engineering for the hat.

12. If you have or had any other characters at level 70, please introduce them briefly, and give us a short history.
70 mage - Shatters - 5/5 t6 - 1 of the top5 enchanters on RC-Ally.
70 Druid - Glyro - Enchanting/herbalism - mostly a pvp character.

13. Why do you want to join Solace?
I'm looking for a place to experience the PvE content i wotlk, preferably a new guild, with alot of new people, since i've experienced that it can be hard to get into the social community of a tight core-guild.

14. Who do you know in Solace, how do you know them?
Absolutely no one. That's the beauty of it Very Happy

15. Do you accept and follow all of our rules?
I do.

16. Are you willing and able to read and use our forums daily, as we require?
10 wild stallions couldn't stop me.

17. How is your latency on Ravencrest? Do you ever lag or disconnect? Do you ever get crashes?
~70 - rarely experience carhes or disconnects.

18. How much control do you have over your playtimes? Can you sometimes stay up late? Can you arrange your dinner and other obligations before our raid times? Can you raid without interruptions?
Depending on the day, dinner might cause some issues. it should be in the start of the raid anyway, and never takes more than 10 minutes. apart from that, i pretty much control it myself. as of the late part, i'd prefer to go to bed around midnight, however, if needed, i could strecth it an hour.

19. Are you willing - and have the time to - to farm faction, resist gear and consumables as needed for our raids, outside our raiding times?
That's what it takes to be in a raiding guild, so yeah.

Greetings, and thanks for reading.

//Raikion

Raikion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [WITHDRAWN] Raikion Rogue / Glyro Druid

Post  Sevi on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:34 pm

Hello Morten

Thanks for a great application. I think I was supposed to play 2v2 with your druid, on my warrior Seviac, I don't think we ever got around to it tho. Smile

Anyway, we just recruited a rogue the other day(I'm not closing the door yet), but would you be interested in raiding on any other character?

// Sevi
Sevi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raikion on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Yeah, i remember that.

Umm. That was kinda why i posted the name of my druid in the topic too. I guess it could be an option, but last time i checked, restoration didn't seem very viable, since nourish got nerfed. I honestly can't be bothered playing a third-wheel char. I'll have to check up on the current resto-situation before i can give you an answer.

Is there no chance at all that you'd be taking in another rogue?

Raikion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevi on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm not sure yet, I'd have to talk to my crew, of course our roster isn't written in stone, especially with the changes blizzard is making lately, I'll get back to you tomorrow with an answer Smile
Sevi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raikion on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:26 pm

sounds great. btw, raiding as a moonkin, if wanted, isn't totally out of the picture either.

Raikion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffani on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 am

Hey Raikion, and thanks for applying. I think you've made a well-written apply and judging by it, you seem like you would fit in with the rest of us quite well.

However, as Sevi said, we already have a very active rogue atm, and I think it's in both your interest to not flood the class. As you both state you can make ''most, if not all'' raids, which is ofcourse a good thing, this would also mean that both of you will have to sit out some raids. This is something you will need to consider, do you value your rogue so highly above other options, that you are willing to share the spot?

Concerning the druid, I think this would be the best option. Especially since all hybrid-dps specs are pulled even across the boards with pure dps-classes, I would quite much enjoy having a Balance-druid with us in raids. And as we are definitely not full on ranged DPS, this would allow you to raid far more often, and have to sit out less.

However, it's your call in the end, which class you'll be playing with.. The game has to stay fun for you,no?

Tiffani
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nayru on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Marvelous application Very Happy Hope we can join forces and add your druid to our raiding team.

Sin,
Nay
Nayru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevi on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey again Morten.

If you're interested in raiding as a boomkin we'd be more than happy to take you in.
I'm afraid we have the melee DPS we need for now, so it'll probably have to be a no-go with the rogue :/

// Sevi
Sevi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raikion on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:02 pm

I've been thinking, and i've come to a conclusion. I'm sorry to inform you, that raiding with my druid isn't really what i want, as you pointed out, it's all about having fun, and i'd prefer raiding as rogue. If, against all odds, any of your rogues should not live up to your expectations, or have to quit for other reasons, feel free to gimme' a holla.

/Glyro

Raikion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffani on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Very well, I perfectly understand your decision and wish you good luck!

Closed and saved for possible future use.

Tiffani
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum